Friday, January 25, 2008

Irish Music and Cultural Festival

I went to Temple Bar Trad--the Irish music and cultural festival that is taking place Wed-Sun.
Temple Bar is the name of the cultural quarter in Dublin, with old cobblestone streets, street performers, traditional Irish pubs, and the like. So this weekend there is even more music and culture than usual.

I especially enjoyed listening to a group that consisted of 2 fiddlers, an accordian, guitar, and percussionist. They had a great authentic Irish vibe and sound about them, and watching those fiddles interact with each other and the according was fantastic!

Well, this entry will be short, as I am quite tired and should get to sleep.

1 comment:

Finals Blogger said...

Aww I love Temple Bar! Have you been to the Temple Bar pub in Temple Bar yet? Awesome memories from there - I treasure a coaster I nicked!