Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is my first Thanksgiving spent in the office at work and among people who have no idea that this day is typically one set apart from other days--but fear not, I baked me a sweet potato and composed a list of things I thank God for. :) Indeed, this has been quite a year, filled with blessings beyond what I could have imagined. Thanksgiving is a wonderful day set aside to cause us to pause and be thankful for all we have!

(Note: there is not really an equivalent public holiday in Ireland, although the Church of Ireland celebrates a "Harvest Sunday" in October, in which baskets of fruits are set out and folks express thanks for the bountiful harvest of the year and such.)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

We missed you this Thanksgiving! It was a nice family gathering at my folks' place in Elkhart, and I enjoyed talking to your mom about all the exciting things going on in your life! Hope to see you at Christmas!