Sunday, October 21, 2007

Going to the Airport

I took a bus to Heathrow Airport. At some point we had to stop for a passing train (but didn’t realize the train was the reason). We just sat still for what seemed like an eternity--enough to drive me batty. Soon I began laughing because I looked out the window and saw a really old man on his electric wheelchair passing us by on the sidewalk! It was so funny! I felt like I was in the movie "Office Space."

Then I noticed another passenger’s on the bus was wearing a blouse that had a pattern almost exactly like the pattern on the seats of the bus. Royal blue with small speckled geometric shapes in red and yellow. I struggled to retain my giggling, she really blended in! And when she got off the bus, it was as if a seat was going with her. Haha, this was too funny. All this is to say, I kept myself amused on the long bus ride. :)

This was my first time to fly with Aer Lingus. My flight cost 1 euro going and 19 euro returning. Well, plus 50 euro in taxes/fees. Also, you're not allowed to check any bags, unless you pay a fee--5 euro (each way) if reserved online, 8 euro if upon arrival. Interesting, eh?

No comments: