Friday, September 14, 2007

Computer, part II

I got a message this afternoon from the computer technician who has been working on installing Windows XP on my machine, which reads, "Dell seems to have locked down your PC model to only run Vista. I will call you later to update you."
Oh boy. Dell must have really signed a tight agreement with Microsoft.
So I'm left with a computer that now is not running XP completely, nor Vista.
It's looking like I'll have to get Vista back and suffer with little mathematical software until those folks create updates to be compatible with Vista.
Meanwhile, I'll go back to my trusty pencil and paper and calculations of cryptographic sizes by hand...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there any way they can just give you a different computer??? This is crazy!!

Lisa