Saturday, September 8, 2007

Music and Dancing

I haven't posted for a week, as I've been quite busy with a conference. (It was very informative and enjoyable.)
Meanwhile, some of the folks from outside Ireland wanted to find a place with traditional Irish music. So a group of us went to the Arlington Hotel's pub, where there was a band playing such music, and a group of Irish dancers--dancing "Riverdance Style". You know, with the arms down by the side, legs moving super fast, like puppet dolls. It was great fun experiencing this in more of a local setting instead of in a vast auditorium performance. I also think I'm starting to recognize and learn some of the traditional songs I've heard in several pubs now--pretty soon I'll be singing along loudly, swaying my drink...or not. :)

No comments: