Thursday, September 13, 2007

Phone

Now, in the midst of those computer hassles, my office phone still doesn't work.

Again, three weeks ago, I asked why I cannot dial out, and they say I should be able to dial within the university, but I have to apply to call outside the university, as there is a charge for each call. And extra-special permission/signatures are required to be able to call mobile phones. Okay, fine, right now I'd simply like to be able to call within the university, as I need to call IT Services for my computer...

So I filled out the application, etc., and the telephone services said it's all taken care of. Well, turns out, I can receive calls, but still cannot make calls. Their switchboard or whatever says my line is active and ready, but I'm telling them it doesn't work. We've been going back and forth on this the past 3 weeks as well...and to this day it is not fixed.

Meanwhile, since I can receive calls, I figure I should set up my voicemail. Well, after many attempts, I learn that I must send in an application. Gee, I have to apply for absolutely everything here, which means at least 24 hours goes by before anything can get done...

So, now I do have voicemail, but a phone that doesn't work...

No comments: